When public charging is enabled, people will be able to pay for their charging sessions on your Smappee charging station(s) using either an RFID card or by scanning the QR code (Scan & Charge). Please see this article for a general overview of the different session activation methods.
To enable public charging, you need to be registered as a charging host. If this is not the case yet, you can find out how in this article.
Once you receive confirmation from our support team that your charging station is linked to your organization, you can proceed with the following steps:
Note: You'll also have to be logged in to the newly created partner account that is linked to your organisation.
- Firstly, you will have to log into the Smappee dashboard using your account connected to your charging station location.
Remark: The account that you created during the charging host registration will only be linked to your charging station(s) if your organisation has been linked as a CPO.
- Select the Charging station and enter your postal address at the bottom of the 'Charger configuration' card, section 'general'.
- You can select your charging station and navigate to the 'Session Activation Methods' in the 'Charger configuration' card:
- The pop-up screen will provide you with the possibility to activate authenticated charging.
- If your registration as a charging host was successful, you will now be able to activate the Public charging by selecting ‘Smappee Services’ Here you can select the pricing policy you want to apply to the charging station.
- If you haven’t created a Pricing policy yet add a new one and a new pop-up will appear. More info about the pricing policy can be found here.
This will be the price that you as owner will receive for each charging session, an EV driver will pay a slight surcharge. Remark: You can also assign different prices or discounts to certain individuals by applying a unique pricing structure to a group. More info about this can you find here.
- To make your charging station visible on all public charging maps, make sure that the box at the bottom of the screen is checked. You can confirm your settings by pressing "Save".
- The activation of your charging station will typically take around 5 minutes. During this time, you will see the following message within your 'Session Activation Methods'. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the activation is not completed after 15 minutes.
Your charging station is now activated for public charging. You can change your prices at any time in the dashboard via the ‘Pricing Policies’ card. If needed, you can find more info here.
The charging station will be visible under the location name of your Smappee charging station(s). The following article explains how you can change this name if you want.
Note: Scan & charge and public charging via Smappee is available in a limited number of countries. The full list can be found here.