How can I identify that Appliance "Find Me 1"?
1) Open the List of Events and have a look at the Power of the On and Off events.
2) Look at the Dates and Times that these loads turned On and Off. If they turn On and Off all day (also at night?), you probably have found a Fridge or so.
3) Look at the frequency and the duration of these On/Off events. Are they regular and is the duration (time between On and Off) mostly constant?
4) Look at the DNA of the unlabeled appliance. The DNA is a summary of the list of events for a longer period of time.
5) Use the "Ping Me" (Appliance > edit > Ping Me = ON) function. Smappee will notify you up to 5 times each time that specific Appliance turns On and/or Off! So while you're using your appliances, you'll get the notifications.
6) Use the real-time "Bubble" and watch the dark bubble grow bigger and shrink each time you turn On and Off an appliance. If Smappee already recognized this appliance, the name of this appliance will appear above the dark bubble. So if for example you turned on your coffee machine, and saw "Find me 12" appear, then this is probably your coffee maker. Repeat to be sure, and label "Find me 12" to coffee maker. Change the icon, add the brand. Also check the DNA.
A Fridge or Deep freezer will (generally) have a power under 120W (35, 50, 70, 110W are values that we have found) and will be On/Off at regular times, for constant duration, around the clock!
Ovens, dish washers, dry washers
Ovens, dish washers, dry washers, etc. will have power values above 1000W (Watt). Check the Date and time of the events to find out what appliance it is.
Lights are generally under 100 W. Lights are normally turned ON when it's dark (evening, early morning).