In case of Wi-Fi connection problems, check the following points.
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi required, preferably with automatic channel selection
- WPA or WPA2 encryption mandatory
- networks without security are not supported (!)
- SSID needs to be visible and may not be hidden during install
- make sure that your SSID does NOT contain one of the following characters: é,ç,è,ä,/\, ", à î ô ï
- allowed special characters for the Wi-Fi password: #$%@?/ \
- double-check your password
- double-check that your smart phone is connected to the correct Wifi network, not to a hotspot or other networks where you have your password configured
- if you use WPS, check that it is active on the router
- make sure that MAC filtering is not active
- your firewall should allow Smappee to create https outbound connections (port 443)
- parental control also might prevent internet access based on time of day
- The maximum number of characters for the WPA2/PSK when using an iOS device during installation is 20.
- Note: The IP address of Smappee is assigned by the DHCP of your router.