When public charging is enabled, people will be able to pay for their charging sessions on your Smappee charging station(s) using either a RFID card or by scanning the QR code. Please see this article for a general overview of the different session activation methods.
In order to enable public charging, you will need to be registered as a charging host. If this is not the case yet, you can find out how in this article.
Once you received the confirmation of our support team that your charging station is linked to your organization, you can proceed with the following steps:
- Firstly, you will have to log into the Smappee dashboard (dashboard.smappee.net) using your account connected to your charging station location.
Remark: The account that you created during the charging host registration will not be linked to your charging stations. Please use the one connected to your charging station location.
- Once logged in, you can select your charging station and navigate to the 'Session Activation Methods' in the 'Charger configuration' card:
- The pop-up screen will provide you with the possibility to activate authenticated charging.
- If your registration as a charging host was successful, you will now be able to activate the Scan & Charge and Swipe & Charge (public) options. Here you can fill in the rates for your charging station.
This will be the price that you as owner will receive for each charging session, an EV driver will pay a slight surcharge. Please make sure to fill in the correct tax rate for public charging stations in your country.
Remark: Activating a single or both options will activate a payment package for each connector of your charging station. This comes at the cost of € 5/month per connector.
- In order to make your charging station visible on all public charging maps, make sure that the box at the bottom of the screen is checked. You can confirm your settings by pressing "Save".
Remark: If needed, you can complete your postal address at the bottom of the 'Charger configuration' card. You will receive an error message when this would be needed.
- The activation of your charging station will typically take around 5 minutes. During this time, you will see the following message within your 'Session Activation Methods'. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the activation is not completed after 15 minutes.
Your charging station is now activated for public charging. You can change your prices at any time in the dashboard via the same way you configured your prices just now. If needed, you can find here more info.
The charging station will be visible under the location name of your Smappee charging station(s). The following article explains you how you can change this name if wanted.
Note: Scan & Charge is available in all countries included in the SEPA zone. You can check if your country is applicable via the following list. Swipe & Charge (public) with the Smappee CPO platform is only available in Belgium.