As owner of one or more Smappee EV charging stations, you want to have control over who is allowed to charge at your charging station. If you make your charging station publicly accessible, you want control over how users can pay and what fee they should be charged.
There are 3 different 'Session Activation Methods' available:
- Plug and charge: the charging station is freely accessible without needing to authorize. Anyone can plug their car into the charger and start charging for free. Note that this method cannot be combined with other Session Activation Methods.
- Swipe and charge:
- Whitelisting: charging is free with your Smappee Smart Charge Card or any other authorized RFID card. Once the charging cable is plugged-in, the user simply swipes their RFID card and the free charging session begins. All authorized cards must first be added to the whitelist using the 'Whitelisting' card on dashboard.smappee.net. See this article for more information. Each EV Wall (Business) includes one free Smappee Smart Charge Card. Additional cards can be ordered via your Smappee partner.
- Split billing: This is aimed at employees who charge their company car at home and need to be reimbursed for the electricity consumption. Split billing agreements must be made for each employee. Starting a charging session is similar to whitelisting but at the end of each month, Smappee Services will send a bill for all employees' charging sessions to the company. All individual employees will be reimbursed according to the amount of kWh charged. See this article for more information. There is a monthly cost of €5 per active agreement.
- Public charging: other EV drivers can use this charging station and pay with a payment card from a third-party eMSP such as Shell Recharge or Plugsurfing. This can be done through Smappee's own CSMS or through a third-party CSMS. In case you would like to use the Smappee CSMS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to activate this. Note that there is a monthly cost of €5 per connector and a fee of 10% on each transaction. Smappee will transfer the earnings to the charging station owner every quarter.
- Scan and charge: the user pays by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) using the Smappee app. They scan the QR code shown on the charging station and the app will guide them through the process of starting the charging session. It is also possible to set discount rates for specific users, for example a 100% discount for users who can charge for free. If you would like to earn money using scan and charge, you will first need to fill in a payment agreement. Please contact email@example.com to request a payment agreement and, in the case of an EV Wall (Business), to request your QR code sticker if it was not included with your charging station. See this article for more information.
Activating a QR code sticker - only EV Wall (Business)
Specifically for EV Wall and EV Wall Business charging stations, the QR code that was delivered with your charging station (or sent separately after contacting firstname.lastname@example.org) needs to be activated before it can be used. See this article for more information.
Choosing a session activation method
By default, Smappee charging stations are set to Plug and charge. To choose which 'Session Activation Methods' should be active, go to dashboard.smappee.net and navigate to the 'Charging station configuration' card:
Here, you can edit the active 'Session Activation Methods':