To change your Smappee's Wi-Fi settings, use your Smappee App and navigate to: Settings > Your Smappee monitors > Infinity modules > Smappee Genius > Change Wi-Fi settings.
On this page, you can follow the steps in the app to change the Wi-Fi settings.
Changing the Wi-Fi credentials via the Smappee app
- In the first step you'll be asked to put the monitor in hotspot mode. Press the reset button on the bottom of the monitor until you see a yellow light.
- Press until the color changes to Yellow and then release the reset button. Your Smappee should be flashing yellow now.
- If the Smappee monitor is flashing a yellow light, you can continue to the next step. Otherwise reboot your Smappee monitor (unplug your power cord and plug it back) and start over.
- You then have to connect to the Smappee hotspot. The hotspot will be named like : Smappeexxxxxxxxxx (with xxxxxxxxxx being your serial number). Before connecting make sure your mobile data of your smartphone is turned off.
Possible issues during the reconfiguration of the Wi-Fi
- The Smappee monitor shows a red light during the activation.
This indicates the Wi-Fi connection is too bad to have a stable connection. Try to relocate your Smappee monitor closer to the hotspot, use a Wi-Fi extender,etc to improve the Wi-Fi signal.
- The Smappee monitor remains yellow blinking during the activation.
Please make sure your Wi-Fi is fully compatible with the requirements. A list to to the requirements you can find here: How should my Wi-Fi be configured?
- The 'next' button is not clickable when connected to the Smappee hotspot.
- Make sure your mobile data is turned off.
- Make sure location services are active
- It's possible a timeout occurred, press previous and select yellow blinking again to see if the next button is shown.